Thursday, July 30, 2009

elsa's blueberry pie

This is a recipe that my friend Elsa sent me, that sounds fantastic. I have not yet tried to make this, but will do so in the next few days! Elsa's sweet tooth is as strong as mine, so I can guarantee you this will be delicious!! Unfortunately, this recipe is in cups so anyone in England might have to use a converter. According to Elsa, this recipe is very easy to make, and I look forward to doing it! So here it is:

Elsa's Super Easy Blueberry Pie/Tart!

CRUST
1 cup flour
1/4 teaspoon salt
2 tablespoons sugar
1/2 cup butter, cold
1 tablespoon white vinegar

FILLING
1 cup sugar
2 tablespoons flour
1/8 teaspoon cinnamon
4 1/2 cups blueberries divided into 2 1/2 cups and 2

Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit. Spray a 10 inch springform pan with non-stick cooking spray.
Combine flour, salt and sugar.
Cut in the butter with pastry blender or fork.
Mix in the vinegar.
Pat crust onto bottom of springform pan and 1 inch up side.
For filling, combine sugar, flour and cinnamon.
Add 2 1/2 cups of blueberries.
Place evenly on top of crust.
Bake for 1 hour.
Remove from oven and put remaining 2 cups blueberries on top, lightly pressing them in.
Cool completely.
Remove rim and serve from springform bottom.


This is an unbelievably good recipe! I am ashamed to say, I ate four pieces... not leaving much for our guests!
  1. m10

1 comment: